Participation in the ManagingCommunities.com website constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to comments, profile information, any other content on this site and participation in general.
Because of the live nature of the discussions on this website, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a comment before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated our User Guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please contact us with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a user respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
This is a for profit website that will attempt to generate revenue through avenues that we deem appropriate, including advertising and credit for sales generated through links posted by members, or otherwise, on our website. Sometimes, this is done automatically through a service that passes all links on our site through a third party filter to check if the site being linked to has an affiliate program. If so, we will be credited for any sales generated through that link and will receive a portion of the proceeds. The page that is displayed, after being redirected through the filter, will be the page that was initially linked to. At no time is a link redirected to any page other than the one that was originally linked to.
Any content that violates our User Guidelines will be removed. Interpretation of our guidelines is at the discretion of the staff.
1. Cross posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more comments. Cross posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your comment, please try to post it in the most appropriate place. Identical comments posted on the same or different entries will be removed.
2. Advertisements are not allowed. Generally speaking, comments made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non profit website, etc. We do authorize and/or sell advertisements on a case by case basis. If you are interested in utilizing this option, please contact us.
Please no signature links. In our comment form, we offer you the ability to provide a URL which will be linked from your name on your comment. Please take advantage of this option instead. Anyone found to be posting excessive links to their websites or suspected of using “sneaky” advertising methods is in violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site/a site that you are in some way affiliated with if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link or is not greatly enhanced by the link. Even then, link directly to the page where the information can be found. You may not comment on an entry to say “here is my take on the issue” with a link to a blog entry at your site, unless you have mentioned the entry from our site in your entry and your comment is acting as a direct TrackBack from our entry to your entry. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you are found to be excessively posting links to your site (or you appear to be seeking out entries where your link may be relevant, so that you can post it), you may lose the ability to post links to your site.
3. You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc. These links are also not allowed as your comment form URL link. This includes a link created to simply redirect someone to an affiliate URL.
4. Do not post personal, real life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.
5. As this is an English speaking website, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
6. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self censoring and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the blog software also violate this guideline. If your comment contains a word that is censored by the software, you must remove that word or the comment will be removed. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us.
We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this website. Please keep this in mind when participating.
7. When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our website, in line with the guidelines laid out here. This includes mentioning or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. If you post a link and that link is automatically censored, it is considered to be an inappropriate link and you should remove it from your post immediately. If left, all posts that feature inappropriate links will be removed.
8. Comments that discuss illegal activities, transactions or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally.
9. Political and religious discussions are not allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the comment may be removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of usernames and other content.
10. Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and link to/provide the source. Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips.
11. When posting and linking to images, videos, files, etc., please refrain from hotlinking. This is the direct linking to of images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamable files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to, instead of linking to the page where the item can be found. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not embedded into your comment. This practice costs the server owner money and resources.
12. Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don’t agree with it, say why – respectfully. Don’t just tell them they’re wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.
When an opinion based discussion is being had, do not state things like “there is no argument” as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like “Are you serious?” and “Are you kidding me?” Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a place for friendly discussion. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion.
13. Automated participation and content scraping is not permitted.
14. We know that people will have to leave our website (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete comments or other content posted on our website. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this website becomes a part of the website, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our website.
15. Staff members have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Posting comments that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as comment removals, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact us and we will review the situation. If you would like a copy of your removed comment so that you can adjust it and repost, please contact us. As long as we wouldn’t prefer you to simply start over, we’ll be glad to send you a copy, if we have one.
16. If you ever need clarification on any part of our User Guidelines or have a question, suggestion, a bit of feedback or a problem with the site, please feel free to contact us directly to ensure that it receives the proper attention. Please do not post it as a comment as it will be removed.
17. Whenever you are participating in this website, please keep in mind that we strive to create a respectful, inviting atmosphere.
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behavior and activities that are allowed here.
If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our website, they run the risk of losing their ability to participate. We reserve the right to block any individual and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? Well, no matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Thank you for visiting ManagingCommunities.com.